SEEKING POSITIVE DOG TRAINER
We are currently looking for a qualified Dog Trainer who is passionate about delivering positive and force free dog training to our dogs and pet parents.
The position is a casual contract that requires availability during the week and potential for some evenings and Saturdays. In addition to this role, there is also a separate opportunity to join our team of doggy- day-care teachers.
This role is a very special one for the right trainer interested in delivering innovative dog training programs. With the guidance of our team, you will be responsible for facilitating engaging, fun and inspiring classes and workshops. We already have the content, but new ideas are always welcome. To understand our current programs, please refer to our website for more information pawsandrelax.com.au/day-school/ and pawsandrelax.com.au/day-care/preschool-for-puppies/
General Summary of Job
This exciting role will primarily involve:
- delivering fun and engaging training and pet life skills programs with clients and internal dogs and staff
- being highly motivated, enthusiastic and visible with clients, the professional pet community and the community at large
- ensure client satisfaction through excellent customer service
- maintaining a healthy and clean facility
Minimum Qualifications / requirements
To be successful in this role you must:
- LOVE DOGS AND HUMANS
- Have a dog training qualification or a minimum of 2 years’ experience
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Be passionate for using positive reinforcement and force free handling methods. No negative or unpleasant methods are ever used or tolerated
- Ability to work in a team environment and bring creative, fun ideas to the team
- Self-motivated, independent worker with a gentle, kind nature when handling dogs
- You must be in good physical condition as there is an element of heavy lifting and requirement to be on your feet and moving around during shifts.
- Have a ‘go-getter’ attitude where you are proactive and eager to grow the training business.
- Drivers licence and own transport
If you feel you can bring something special to our team and would like to take advantage of this fantastic opportunity, please send a cover letter and resume, outlining your suitability against the above mentioned criteria to [email protected].