Doggy Day-care Attendant
Paws & Relax is an off leash doggy day care, grooming and training centre located in Eagle Farm. We are currently looking for a Day care Attendant that is passionate about delivering the very best in care to our dogs and pet parents.
The successful applicant will be working in a clean, fun and well-designed facility with multiple pens.
General Summary of Job
This exciting role will primarily involve:
- The supervision, control and management of day care dogs to ensure safe levels of play and minimising stress levels in playgroup.
- Interaction with dogs in playgroups to provide basic training and daily program of enrichment activates using appropriate toys and tools.
- Maintenance and cleaning of the playrooms as well as other areas of the facility as assigned.
- Ensure client satisfaction through excellent customer service.
Minimum Qualifications / Skills
To be successful in this role you must:
- LOVE DOGS AND THEIR PET PARENTS
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience supervising dogs of all shapes and sizes during off-leash play.
- A strong understanding of dog body language to ensure a safe environment during play and basic training activities.
- Be passionate for working with dogs using positive reinforcement and force free handling methods. No negative or unpleasant methods are ever used or tolerated.
- Ability to work in a team environment and bring creative, fun ideas to the day.
- Self-motivated, independent worker with a gentle, kind nature when handling dogs.
- Proven ability to follow instructions and learn new things.
- A ‘go-getter’ attitude who can add something exciting to the day care team.
- An outstanding quality of care and service to our clients.
- You must be in good physical condition as there is an element of heavy lifting and requirement to be on your feet and moving around during shifts.
If you feel you can bring something special to our team and would like to take advantage of this fantastic opportunity, please send a cover letter and resume, outlining your suitability against the above mentioned criteria by 3rd August 2019 to [email protected].